Calhoun Historical Society met Thursday, 6 p.m. at
Family History Center, Grantsville.
Two items were placed in the museum section.
A 1914 Webster Dictionary was donated by William C.
Parks, a former Calhoun bus driver.
A Victor-Victrola record player was donated by Randall
Whytsell and Marvin and Peggy Stemple.
During the business part of the meeting, secretary Terry
Harris read the minutes and treasurer Susie Barnes gave a financial
report. Both were approved.
President Bob Bonar discussed the status of projects
that still need to be completed in the History Center.
All of the kitchen cabinets have been installed. Work
still needs to be completed on countertops, cabinet hardware installed,
and the sink needs to be plumbed. Minor concerns about the cabinet
finish and a misfit door were also noted.
Some exterior work needs be finished and a few other
projects were listed for the group to continue to work on in the next
Jim Bell reported that two groups visited Heritage
Village in May. Aging With Grace and a group of schoolchildren spent a
day in the Village. Both visits were a success. Bell donated a bow saw
and a two-man cross-cut saw. Both items belonged to his grandfather, L.T.
Grant Clark presented cabinet handles to the group, as
well as a sign that he created for the History Center.
Family History Center will be open on Fridays from 11
a.m. to 2 p.m., or call Terry Harris, 354-7263, for an appointment.
During July, Family History Center will feature Calhoun
school items in celebration of Alumni Day.